Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Look in "The Box"

Where has the time gone?  Oh, yes, we've been busy quilting away.  Trying to empty "The Box". Well, let me tell you about "The Box".  It's just an ordinary white box that says UFO'S 1990's.  At first, I thought it was from outer space, but then Veronica explained that it was a box of unfinished objects.  So why isn't it called UO?  Right?  Even this bear knows that unfinished is one word.  Silly humans.  So, anyway, in this box there were lots of unfinished quilt projects.


Veronica pulled out something she called a watercolor quilt.  Looked like a bunch of squares to me.  She said it was a bunch of squares but when she finished it, it was a really cute wreath quilt.  She said it's a little more yellow than she wanted, but she's happy that it's done.  Well, at least the top is done.


She also found some quilts partially completed from a week of classes with Trudie Hughes, way back in 1993!  Now that's like a thousand years ago.  She said one only needed the border, so she got that one done.  She said it was already cut for her.  She had 4 others that were partially sewn together and some that were cut.


She found some paper piecing papers, she said they would be little stars when put together.


She's been happily sewing every day, and half the night on her Juki DX7, she's in hog heaven now that she's got her Juki to sew on.  She says her Juki is the gift that keeps giving.  It gives her hours of fun, fun, fun.  I hear her singing I love my Juki, I love my Juki, I love my Juki.  Every once in a while, I hear say, I love that the thread cutter is on the foot pedal.  She says this saves her so much time.  And the light is so very bright. You can see everything! Oh and that presser foot that comes up when she stops sewing, it's amazing!!!  She was up to 4 this morning sewing.  I even took some pictures, they were kinda dark, but she's at it again, so I'll get some more this morning.


Stay tuned to see the rest of the quilts from "The Box" as she finishes them.


No comments:

Post a Comment