Saturday, April 13, 2013

Jaggie's Mystery Quilt

HI, Jaggie here.  I found the Mystery Quilt and I'm sharing it with you.  First of all I want to thank Quilting Treasures, they sent me the fabric for my quilt.  I LOVE them, they are the best!!!  You know they have my friend Popcorn, he's a bear, too.  He has his own fabric line, so I'm sure mine will be next!  

First of all, you'll need 1 yd of your main or focus fabric. I'm using a chunky flower fabric.  

You'll need 1  3/4 yds of background.  I'm gonna use cream.  Yummy, cream.  I might need some berries to go with that.  Oh, sorry, back to the quilt.

3/4 yd of accent #1  I'm using red.

2/3 yd of accent #2, mine is a light turquoise 

and 1 1/2 yds. of medium.  I've got another turquoise.   

For your borders, you'll need 1/2 yd and 1 yd.  

I'm so excited!!!  I hope you are too.  

Now, I'm going to give you step 1 on the cutting instructions.  Remember that I want to see what you picked for your fabric and if you send me a picture on our facebook page, you'll be entered in a drawing for a pattern and a T-shirt.  I'll give those away next Saturday.  Ok, let's go cut...

From focus fabric cut 12 squares, they need to be 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" 
and cut 48 squares 3" x 3".

From your background cut 48 squares 3" x 3"  
and cut 48 rectangles 3" x 5 1/2".

From accent #1 cut cut 96 3"x 3" squares.  

From medium fabric cut 48 rectangles 3" x 5 1/2"
and cut 96 squares 3" x 3".  

This bear is off to play in fabric.  See you next Saturday for part 2.  Remember, send me your pictures.  
Oh, geeeeeeeeez, I forgot to tell you, the quilt will be 51 " x 66" when finished.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment