Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Pocketful of Posies ... Um, I Mean Pansies ...

Needle Turn 
Ok, more good news on the cruise front. Today I'm going to show you one of the projects we'll be working on. It's called Poppy Magic.

The pattern is really called Patch of Poppies, but I got confused. Oh, well, at least everybody knows that they are poppies. The pattern is by one of our friends, Nancy Murty. She has had some great applique patterns and Veronica has made most of them. A lot of them are retired, but we still love them and have those quilts hanging in our office. Veronica will be teaching this class with 3 different ways to make the blocks.

The first is of course her favorite, fusible applique. The second is sewing the poppies down with a machine stitch and the third will be needle turn. I've heard a runor that we're going to have the new Janome 8900's in our classrooms. I just love that machine! I get very excited when I see it. Have you seen it? Check out Janome's website. See you tomorow with more news.


Fusible






No comments:

Post a Comment