Monday, May 20, 2013

Michelle's Mystery Creating Chevrons


Well I am happy to say that yesterday I was able to work on my mystery quilt more than I thought I'd be able to in one day.
 
My husband had drill (Army Reserves) and must toddler spent Saturday night at my parents' house, so after the usual weekend chores and grocery shopping, I sat down and was able to spend some time at the sewing machine. In fact, after both my boys came home, they went next door to swim and I got almost another hour in (while catching up on some of my favorite TV shows on my iPad!) It was a great day! 
 
So for those who are working on the mystery quilt, are you having fun!?! Are you excited to start putting blocks together?
 
If you haven't started, it's not too late. You can start at Step No. 1 and join us in Jaggie's Mystery Quilt's Adventure.
 

 
I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the extras that I cut from the flying geese and leftover fabric. Do you usually do something with it? Save for later, integrate into the quilt like a border or designs on backing or do you make something to go with it like a pillowcase or drawstring bag? I've always wanted to make a matching pillowcase for a quilt. What do you think?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment