Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sweet Scott from Citrus Sew and Vac


Ok, so here is this really nice lady that we met when Scott wanted a red sash.  Remember?  So we're going to call her J.K.  We all fell in love with her, she was so awesome.  


So she came by the booth to check out machines, she has a Janome that does a straight stitch and a a zigzag stitch that is older than the hills.  She made a quilt and it won 1st place at another show, it was amazing.  It consisted of 25 Lone Star blocks.  It took her a year.  As I sat there and spoke to her, she told me how hard times had hit them due to huge medical bills.  She was an amazing person.  She had over 400 ladies volunteer to help put this huge AQS show together.  She was the liaison between the Charlotte Quilt Guild and the AQS show people.  She has worked everyday from 8:00 a. m. until the last lecture is done, so she gets out around 9:00 p.m.  She is a dynamo, she's 70, and she just goes and goes and helps any and everyone.  

So back to her story, as she sat there and told me, I just wanted to cry.  But she is such a positive person.  She had been so strong through her husband's illness and all that they have lost.  I met her husband, Jim, he's is just as amazing as she is.  You can tell how much they love life and each other. On Saturday morning, I told Scott what she had said to me the day before as we were getting the booth ready to open.  He said, "come on",


and off we went.  He had grabbed this brand new sewing machine to give to her.  She was speechless, and oh, so grateful.  She just couldn't believe it.  Everyone who was there was crying, the other guild members told me that if anyone deserved this gift it was her.  I told them that I heard that about her and that Scott was just happy to give it to her.  

I've know Scott for 10 years and I can tell you that he is an extremely amazing person as well.  I am honored to call him my friend.     




























I've had ladies wonder why Jaggie writes blogs about Scott, this is why.  If you want to get in touch with Scott, he is the owner of Citrus Sew and Vac in Ocala Florida, he has a store in Invernes, Florida as well as Belleview, Florida but he can be found at the Ocala store.

Scott, thank you for being you, always and being my friend.

Veronica Cox and 

No comments:

Post a Comment